Monday, February 15, 2010

Ensure bus lanes are only for buses

My journey to Kuala Lumpur took only three-and-a-half hours. The ride was comfortable. And when I learned that Rapid KL is providing a cheap city service - RM2 for a day, I was delighted with the authority`s consideration for the low income group. But the happiness was short-lived and soon turned into frustration.

I took Rapid KL No.113 from Medan Pasar to Maluri - a station in the city area. It took me from 1.30pm to 4pm. Imagine the time lost on the road. I could sensed the frustration of the driver and passengers like me sitting in the bus and not moving.

I counted the vehicles that passed by and almost all the cars had only one occupant - the driver. I don`t blame the bus company but the attitude of the city folks. The government can go on spending road edpansion but it will not solve the congestion problem in Kuala Lumpur. We have lost a lot of useful hours on the road f0r nothing. We must must learn to live a quality life.

I heard about the bus lanes in Kuala Lumpur a few years ago. Why are the bus lanes not used at all. With the bus lanes properly enforced, I am sure the buses can run faster and more efficiently. he authorities must start educating people and taking traffice enforcement more seriously.


Posted in NST 12 July,2006.
kaisim.

No comments:

Post a Comment