Saturday, February 27, 2010

My Lost friend - Mr. Abu Bakar b. A Razak

This is one Malay guy whom I have lost for umpteen years but his name still lingers in my mind. We are at our sunset years but I am still looking for him. Where are you, En. Abu Bakar b. A. Razak?

Our childhood days were in Segamat, Johor. We became friends when we started work at the
Public High School. You left to join the Town Council but we still met in the evening for drinks at the Grand Hotel - the roof garden. This is also my place of accommodation. Life was hard in those days but we managed to go on happily.

You were ambitious and wanted to become an accountant, so you went to Perth, Australia. I remained at the same place and taught for several years before I finally joined DTC to become a government schools teacher. You had invited me to join you but financially, I just could not afford it. I admired your courage and guts to venture overseas without help from others. This is one of the Malays who is hard to come-by nowadays.

While you were away you wrote me a few letters but I could not response promptly owing to my workload as a trainee teacher. I had a lot to catch up because I did not have a strong educational foundation. I had to move about in search of cheaper accommodation as my fund
for the training was running low. We lost contact then.

At times, I used the old addrress of letters you sent me but there was no response. I supposed these addresses had become out of date. After my graduation, I was posted to a small village in Kelantan where I served for four years under dired condition. Now I had retired and stay in
Kluang with my wife.

My name is Lim Hong Kai, in case you forget. I am using this blog to find you. If luck is with us, someone may help to pass this message. If you`re still around, give me a surprise ?

No comments:

Post a Comment